Thursday, February 25, 2010

Comments for Teachers!

February 25th, 2010 -- Post about Wesley Fryer
I went to Wesley Fryer's post about Moving at the Speed of Creativity; he had a video on Skype. I was really intrigued by this video that he had posted. I recently used Skype about a week ago, I talked to my cousin who is overseas for the military. I was so happy that I was able to use it! This video actually helped me with Skype! I can't wait to talk & see my cousin again!

March 2nd, 2010 -- Embedding video on Wikispaces site
Yesterday Mr. Fryer posted a blog about embedding videos on wikispaces sites. He actually went in and took still frame shots of the site and he also gave us step-by-step directions on how do it. I find this very helpful. For those of us that are visual learners, this is a wonderful idea!

March 10th, 2010 -- A professor who takes laptop banning to far
WHOA!!! Ok, Mr. Fryer posted a video from Youtube about a professor who poured nitrogen on his laptop and then explained that nitrogen wouldn't harm the laptop but then he picked up the laptop and slammed it on the ground!!! WOW!! Most colleges encourage the usage of laptops in the classroom, I am not sure about high schools, etc, but I thought this professor took it a little too far. He should be embracing technology not smashing it. WOW, that's all I have left to say.

March 24th, 2010 -- Google Reader Play -- just in time for the iPad launch
In this blog Mr. Fryer explained and informed us about the Google Reader. I felt really behind in the times about this because I NEVER heard of the Google reader. Yes, I know, I am not too "up" on the technology. I really enjoyed reading Mr. Fryer's blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment