Thursday, March 25, 2010

Comments for Teachers

March 21st, 2010 -- Teaching the iGeneration
I was assigned to Mr. Bill Ferriter, he is a 6th grade teacher in Wake County, NC. This post was pretty intriguing. I found out that he has written one book and working on another book. The book that he is writing now is about the iGeneration. He explains that technology is found everywhere and that children are using technology more and more everyday. I can't wait to hear more about his thoughts.

March 28th, 2010 -- Learning from the Met: Great Expectations?
This post was very intense. Mr. Ferriter discussed how he switched schools from exceeding test scores to a school that prided in just meeting the test score goals. The school that he transferred to was high in poverty. He saw children come in hungry and much more, he has so much compassion to watch children in poverty and still want them to exceed his expectations. This post touched "home" for me.


March 31st, 2010 -- Blagojevich and Education's Sad Reality
This weeks post Mr. Ferriter was explaining his facination with reality T.V. shows from Cheaters to Celebrity Appretese. On Celebrity Apprentes they had stars from Sharon Osbourne to Rod Blagojevich. For one, I had no idea who this guy was, but now I do. Rod Blagojevich is an American politician who served as the 40th Governor of Illonis. In 2008, he was arrested for federal curption charges. Mr. Ferriter saw on the show was that Mr. Blagojevich couldn't even turn on a laptop and couldn't operate the internet. Mr. Blagojevich stated, " Come on, I was a governor of an entire state and a Congressman before that. I didn't need to do any work on the computer. I had employees who would do that for me." WOW! What a great politician. This was an interesting post to read.


click here

No comments:

Post a Comment